Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Good Ol' Green Day!



So I was editing through pictures... I looked over a few several times looking for a focal point or a post!
Many times I went through; focusing on My Sister's old van, my little plant, & what looks like Poison Ivy (Not saying that that's what it is...).

But then I noticed the happy little boy in the background. Happy that It's "Work On the Compost Day", happy to be outside, happy to be messing with the water hose, & watering stuff. JUST HAPPY. 


Then there's a moment when I realize how every thing's GOOD & GREEN when we're outside bonding; getting along; pretending like we're off the grid for a bit.

They pick me flowers, help me haul things around, water plants for me, & ask me questions about what we're doing. (So it shows that they're interested in the process.)


(Flowers from My Babies!)

I WISH WE COULD DO THIS FOR A LIVING.
If I could have My Boys w/ me ALL DAY growing & planting; LIFE would be but a DREAM.

Today like everyday we pour goods into our COMPOST; we LEARN; we name off every item that's going in. We learn about the smells coming from the decomposing fruits, vegetables, & etc. & what exactly decomposing is. We take note on the insects buzzing around. We even learn safety on caution procedures for snakes. So they're constantly being educated on how to survive & live off of the land.

Survival Is Key. 

1 main reason I teach My Boys the importance of Farming/Growing/Planting; producing an Organic Life; I feel is because a Man who can completely provide from HIS OWN HANDS is a SUCCESSFUL MAN! (Now this is just MY OWN OPINION.) My Father was a Farmer, My Grandfather was a Farmer, His Father was a Farmer, & like I said before My Husband's a SUCCESSFUL LANDSCAPER (this makes me laugh, it is close enough for me). So this Opinion of Mines runs deep! I just want to raise boys that can PROVIDE FOR A FAMILY NO MATTER WHAT THE ECONOMY MAY LOOK LIKE @ THE TIME.

I truly believe that this planting/growing/composting is therapy. A therapy you can't find @ a Doctor's Office; no Therapist could prescribe anything that could come close to the peace & bonding we receive from Growing Green Together!


One Day; Just One Day We Will Be Blessed w/ The Opportunity to Serve The World from Our Good Ol' Green Days!




No comments:

Post a Comment